Irrigation Residential Rebate Program
Up to 50% of potable water goes toward residential irrigation. By upgrading inefficient irrigation systems, members will save money and preserve Florida’s water supply.
- Must be a current residential BSU water customer
- Inground irrigation system must be connected to the Utility’s water supply. Well systems do not qualify.
- WaterSense® labeled Irrigation Controller rebates require an inspection, which must be scheduled and completed within 60 days of application. Rain Sensors are subject to inspection at BSU’s discretion.
- Rebates will only apply to the cost of the product and not the cost of installation. Rebates are available on a first come, first-serve basis.
- The rebate per item will not exceed the receipt amount. Rebates will be credited to the member’s account.
- Customers are eligible for either an irrigation controller rebate or a rain sensor rebate, not both.
- This program is for replacement only; new construction is not eligible.
Terms of WaterSense® labeled Irrigation Controller Rebate
- Maximum rebate of $100
- Members must be replacing a non-weather-based irrigation controller with a soil moisture-based or weather-based WaterSense® labeled irrigation controller only.
- Sensor-based controllers are required to be connected to an operating weather or soil moisture-based sensor prior to submission.
- Signal-based controllers require year-round Wi-Fi and connection to a smart device prior to submission.
- All smart watering features must be enabled, e.g. predictive rain technology, controller suggested runtimes, rain skip, etc.
- VERIFY before you buy. Only WaterSense® labeled irrigation controllers qualify.
- Learn about WaterSense® labeled products: https://www.epa.gov/watersense/watersense-products
- Search for qualifying WaterSense® labeled products: https://www.epa.gov/watersense/product_search.html or look for the label.
Terms of Rain Sensor Rebate
- Maximum rebate of $50, limit of one rebate per household.