High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
Toilets are by far the main source of water use in the home, accounting for nearly 30 percent of an average home’s indoor water consumption. Older, inefficient toilets that use as much as 6 gallons per flush also happen to be a major source of wasted water in many homes. The average family can save 13,000 gallons of water and $130 in water costs per year by replacing all old, inefficient toilets in their home with WaterSense labeled models. (Source: EPA)
Members may be eligible for a rebate when they replace their old toilet with a high efficiency toilet (HET).
- Applicants must have a current utility billing account in good standing; utility billing accounts in “past due” status will not be eligible for rebates.
- The new toilet must be 1.6 gallons per flush or less AND replace non-efficient toilet.
- Applicants must include a copy of proof-of-purchase receipt from a store or plumbing company that specifies the purchase date, purchase price, manufacturer, and model number.
- Applications must be received within 60 days of the purchase date.
- Prior to approval, an on-site inspection may be required.
Terms of Rebate
- $100 HET rebate; limit 2 HET rebates per household.
- Eligibility is based on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds are distributed.
- The total rebate per item will not exceed the receipt amount.
- Rebates will be credited to the customer’s account.
- The property owner is responsible to properly dispose of the old toilet. For most Bonita Springs residents, old toilets may be disposed of through Garbage Collection Special Pickup. For information on garbage collection days, call Advance Disposal at (239) 334-1224.
How to Apply
Obtain an application using one of the methods:
- Complete Online Form
- Download English Application | Spanish Application
- Visit the Customer Service Center for a paper application
Please send the completed application and a copy of sales receipt(s) by email to email@example.com or mail to:
Bonita Springs Utilities, Inc.
Toilet Rebate Program
11900 E. Terry Street
Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Learn how to replace and install your new toilet yourself
Feeling handy? Check out these videos on YouTube to install your toilet yourself.