High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
Residential and Commercial
In an ongoing effort to conserve water, Bonita Springs Utilities, Inc. is offering a rebate for High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) replacements in our service area. The rebate will apply a $100.00 credit per toilet to the member’s account. Limit two per household or commercial business. Toilets in homes and businesses built prior to 1995 are considerably less efficient and are great candidates for this rebate.
Toilets are a main source of water use in the home, accounting for nearly 30 percent of an average home’s indoor water consumption. Older, inefficient toilets can use as much as six gallons per flush and are a major source of wasted water in many homes. The average family can save 13,000 gallons of water and $130.00 in water costs per year by replacing old, inefficient toilets with WaterSense labeled models. (Source: EPA)
If building owners and managers want to use water more efficiently, the best place to start is in the restroom. The commercial and institutional sector is the second-largest consumer of publicly supplied water in the U.S., accounting for 17 percent of the withdrawals from public water supplies. It’s estimated that restroom plumbing fixtures account for approximately 60 percent of the total water use in office and administrative buildings. (Sources: EPA & U.S. Department of Energy)
- Current members.
- Non-members receiving service through a Home Owners Association, with authorization from the HOA for receipt of credit.
- Residential and Commercial properties are eligible.
- Applications must be received within 60 days of the purchase date.
- Prior to rebate approval, an on-site inspection may be required.
Terms of Rebate
- $100.00 HET rebate; limit two HET rebates per household or commercial property.
- The new toilet must be 1.28 gallons or less, it must be WaterSense labeled AND replace a non-efficient toilet.
- The toilet replaced must be higher than 1.6 gallons per flush to qualify for a rebate.
- Applicants must include a copy of proof-of-purchase from a store or plumber that specifies the purchase date and price, manufacturer and model number.
- The rebate per item will not exceed the receipt amount.
- Rebates will be credited to the member’s account.
- The applicant is responsible for properly disposing of the old toilet. They may be disposed of through garbage collection special pickup.
How to Apply
Obtain an application using one of the methods:
- Apply Online – Member Application (Spanish Member Application) | Non-Member HOA Application (Spanish Non-Member HOA Application)
- Visit the Customer Service Center for a paper application
Email completed applications and sales receipts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Courtney Stevenson at 239-390-4919 with any questions.
Learn how to replace and install your new toilet yourself
Feeling handy? Check out this YouTube video on how to install your toilet yourself.