Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI) and WaterSmart
The installation of BSU’s new Advanced Metering Infrastructure is nearly complete.* As part of the AMI system, BSU is pleased to announce WaterSmart, a new program that offers members access to detailed information about their household or business water use.
AMI + WaterSmart = Customer Intel and Control
- AMI is an integrated system of advanced water meters, radio communication channels and data management for water and wastewater utilities to capture detailed usage data near real-time. The data can also be used during a storm to detect areas of concern more quickly.
- WaterSmart’s Customer Portal gives utility customers access to detailed analysis of their water use and self-service solutions. It is a single place for customers to get context on their water use, check for and resolve leaks, get customized water-saving recommendations to reduce monthly bills, sign up for paperless billing, submit forms, and view targeted messages about events and programs.
* If your AMI meter has not yet been installed, you can still register and access historical usage data.
- Sign up for notifications: high use, bill forecast and unplanned use.
- Choose from customized water-saving tips to avoid a high bill in the future.
- Learn how to view and track your usage, and identify typical household leaks.
- Review historical water usage.
- Evaluate your bill, online, any time, from anywhere.
- Access BSU’s rebate programs with the touch of a button, and apply.
To learn more about WaterSmart, watch the explainer video below.