While you deck the halls, Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District has these helpful holiday safety tips to share:
• If you have a real Christmas tree, water it regularly so it doesn’t dry out.
• Replace any Christmas tree lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. All lights should have a UL label to indicate approval by Underwriters Laboratories.
• Use flame resistant or flame retardant holiday decorations, and keep lit candles away from decorations, wrapping paper and other flammable objects.
To learn more about fire and life safety, call 239-949-6200 or visit www.bonitafire.org
AS WE CLOSE OUT THIS YEAR, remember to start the new year fresh!
• Check/replace your water filters.
• Flush your water heater.
• Test your smoke detectors and change batteries.