2021 Board of Directors Election
We are a private member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative managed by a nine-person Board of Directors. As a private company, we conduct our elections with voting procedures much like other companies who elect directors to their boards. Members will elect three representatives for three-year terms in the spring.
Please contact Customer Service if you are not sure we have your correct mailing address on file, especially if you use paperless billing, so we can ensure you receive your ballot.
We encourage all members to vote. Your vote is your voice.
Together, we are BSU.
- December 1, 2020: Director applications are available for pick-up in person from the Customer Service Center or via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 31, 2020: Director applications are due.
- February 18, 2021: Every member who receives a bill is mailed a ballot.
- March 11, 2021: Deadline for completed ballots to be received via mail to a local independent law firm that serves as the election monitor. Ballots are not accepted at BSU.
- March 13, 2021: Ballots are counted and tabulated by The League of Women Voters of Florida and certified by an independent observer. No one from BSU sees the ballots or the results.
- March 16, 2021: Election results are announced by the election monitor at the Annual Meeting.
2021 Candidates for Board of Directors
This year, there are 10 candidates running for election. Below, you can click on each candidate’s name to view their application.
Biographical profiles of each candidate will be posted soon.