2020 Board of Directors Election
We are a private member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative managed by a nine-person Board of Directors. As a private company, we conduct our elections with voting procedures much like other companies who elect directors to its boards.
- December 31, 2019: Director applications are due.
- February 18, 2020: Every member who receives a bill is mailed a ballot.
- March 12, 2020: Deadline for members to mail their completed ballots to a local independent law firm that serves as the election monitor. Ballots are not accepted at BSU.
- March 14, 2020: Ballots are counted and tabulated by The League of Women Voters of Florida and certified by an independent observer. No one from BSU sees the ballots or the results.
- March 17, 2020: Election results are announced by the election monitor at the BSU Annual Meeting.
We encourage all members to vote. Your vote is your voice.